In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
The mark of an educated mind is to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it.
Terror is a tactic
Terror is a tactic used successfully by states and groups
alike. (See the excellent paper “Terror’s Mask” by
Michael Vlahos of the Joint Warfare Analysis
Dept, Applied Physics Laboratory, Johns Hopkins University.)
Its essence is violence to civilians; any weapon qualifies.
- Robespierre used guillotines against the French;
- Stalin, camps and firing squads against Russians.
- Germany fired V-bombs at the English;
- England used ‘area attack’ bombing to incinerate Hamburg and Dresden.
- America did the same to Hiroshima and Nagasaki with two atom bombs.
- Zionists used small arms against Palestinians in 1948;
- the Israeli Defence Force now uses planes, tanks and bulldozers.
- Palestinians use bombs against Israelis;
- the IRA used to do so against Londoners.
- And England tried bombing Kurds into becoming taxpayers.
The threat of terrorist attacks is as much terrorism as
the attacks themselves. (Terrorism works by instilling terror.) Nuclear
weapons are useful for little else; states that own them are ipso facto terrorist. That includes the United States, the
United Kingdom, Russia, China, Israel, Pakistan, and India.
© 2003-2015 Stephen Taylor
script began 20:50:41
empty query string
completed in 0.0108 secs